Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Week End (My Enquiry)

This email is a Scam at first sight. A very typical scam mail. The email address that he used read "scammer". A typical corporate email will have their name in the email address, take this email for example, the email address should be something like this --> g.k.berge@thebankname.com, and not some other people name.

Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:11:21 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
From:
"Auditor G.K.Berge" 'khanpeter8@virgilio.it'Add to Address Book
Subject:
Happy Week End (My Enquiry)

Dear faithful One,
My name is Dr George K Berge,am the branch and
computer manager here in our bank.I have only written to seek your
indulgence and assistance. I wish to make a transfer involving a huge
amount owned by Late Mr John Hughes out of the bank,he died since
1995,
till now the account remains dormant.I am proposing to make this
transfer to a designated bank account of your choice. Thus, for your
indulgence and support, I propose an offer of 25% of the total amount
to be yours after the transfer has been successfully concluded.Your
full name and phone number/fax is need in the first place.
Kindly
reply me stating your interest, and I shall furnish you with the
details and necessary proceedures with which to make the transfer
progress.I amanxiously awaiting your response through my confidential/
bank email address: contact.infobank2@alumnidirector.com
Thanks,
Dr G.
K Berge.

2 comments:

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Hi, I found you through the Bestest Blog. It's good to know you are trying to make people more aware of these scams.

The first things I notice in an email I think might be a scam is spelling and/or grammar - it seems English is not the first language of most of these scammers - and I've never received a legitimate letter from a large corporation with typo after typo - AND I don't usually take advice from someone who is careless in their writing. (I'm trying to say... please proofread before posting your own work).

If I see a typo or poor grammar, I immediately move on...bitch that I am!

Anonymous said...

I once received that kind of attempt scam about my paypal account. I made a call to paypal and they told me not to fill out any information whenever I receive that kind of emails.